POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Best solution for versioning in my situatiuon : Best solution for versioning in my situatiuon Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:33:38 EDT (-0400)
  Best solution for versioning in my situatiuon
From: Halbert
Date: 6 Jan 2009 16:12:37
Message: <4963c945$1@news.povray.org>
Much of the work I do involves working on web applications for a small
service based company. We also have another developer who does the same type
of work in another part of the country. We have finally learned to make sure
we have the most recent version of a file before beginning work on an
update.
I had been working on an update to add second language functionality to four
pages, finished my work and was testing when she sends me an email informing
me that she has just completed updating the very same four files that I had
been working on for the last four days. So, the version of the file I had
became out of date before I could make my own update. She is always very
good about informing me of such things although after the fact. So, now I
have to get the new version of these four files and completely redo the work
I have already done.

I tend to use Dreamweaver 95% of the time while she uses Visual Studio.We
are set up with a development server and two load-balanced web servers
running Windows Server 2003 IIS etc. Does anyone have any recommendations on
a system for maintaining integrity in such a situation? What have other
people been using?