POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual PC and Linux sharing files? : Re: Virtual PC and Linux sharing files? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual PC and Linux sharing files?
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jan 2009 16:07:41
Message: <4963c81d@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> My first thought would be firewall, by default the openSuSE firewall is
> completely locked down, but if you get "access denied", then it's
> permissions related on the host.

Well, once I killed the firewall, I could see other computers on the LAN,
but not their shares etc.  Once I used a manual mount -t cifs and put in the
  -o user=...,password=... and a few other options, I could mount the share
on the guest from the host, so I'm cool now.

Again, thanks for everyone's help.

(Am I the only one that has been perpetually bugged since before Linux that
exiting a man page display clears the screen? :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?