POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which would you buy? : Re: Which would you buy? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which would you buy?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Jan 2009 14:06:23
Message: <4963abaf$1@news.povray.org>
>> No, the multiple fans make too much noise. (Not to mention the two blue
>> LEDs illuminate the entire room sufficiently to enable photopic vision...)
>
> 1) Move it to another room?

This requires the avilability of a room to move it to. (This isn't my
house, remember?)

> 2) Buy a quieter case. There are ones which are really quiet.

Well, buy a whole new PC perhaps... This one is powered by a lowly
Athlon64 X2 4200+. Cutting edge a while back, but obsolete now.

Most of the noise, however, comes from the GPU fan. And the 4 HDs...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/