POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual PC and Linux sharing files? : Re: Virtual PC and Linux sharing files? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual PC and Linux sharing files?
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jan 2009 14:05:10
Message: <4963ab66$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> FWIW, I used Sun's Virtual Box (www.virtualbox.org) and was able to
> share folders between Windows and Ubuntu rather easily.

I can get in and out of the network. I can telnet from the guest to a
telnet-based server on the host. So the connectivity is there. I just can't
find instructions as to why, when I configure opensuse11 loaded with every
package containing "samba" or "smb" or "cifs", I can open the "windows
network" in gnome and not see any of the shares.  Basically, I'm defeated by
the user unfriendliness.

> You could also "burn" an ISO file, and mount that in Virtual PC. (IIRC,
> if not mount the ISO in virtual CloneDrive on the host OS)

Yeah, I guess that's easier than actually burning a disk.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?