POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: andrel
Date: 6 Jan 2009 17:16:27
Message: <4963D89E.8020007@hotmail.com>
On 06-Jan-09 22:41, nemesis wrote:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> Ok, bad joke asides, hermaphrodites are special cases.
>> And the answer to them is...?  :)
>>
>> I mean, that's the point, isn't it? The Bible doesn't special-case them, so
>> on what grounds do you make your decision, if you're denying gay marriage on
>> the grounds that God only creates unambiguously men and women?
>
> Most gays are not hermaphrodites.

Nobody said so. It is simply a way of applying basic logic to law. There
is a law that only allows a man and a woman to marry. That implies that
for every person it should be clear what sex they have. We provide a
number of counterexamples, and only one would be enough. And thus we
come to the simple conclusion that the premise of the law is faulty and
the law should never have been approved.

> And I'm not denying gay marriage.  Go, live happily in their nature denial.

Being gay is their nature. Living different would be living in denial.

At which point a pointer to Janis Ian's song "When I Lay Down" would be
appropriate. Yet, not even quasi-legally available on youtube :(
well, here are the lyrics:
http://www.janisian.com/graphics/BBwhen-i-lay-down-lyric.jpg
and a short musical abstract on e.g.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Billies-Bones-Janis-Ian/dp/B0001ACK5C/