POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Warp
Date: 5 Jan 2009 19:42:50
Message: <4962a90a@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   Especially page 5 seems interesting.

> Considering it's named "modern operating systems", and I wouldn't exactly
> count MS-DOS as a "modern operating system," I'm not surprised :-)

  Would you call Unix a "modern operating system"? It was originally developed
in 1969, and as wikipedia puts it, "Unix was designed to be portable,
multi-tasking and multi-user in a time-sharing configuration."

  But if you like, we could settle with: MS-DOS is not an operating system
by modern standards.

--
                                                          - Warp