POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jan 2009 19:19:52
Message: <4962a3a8$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:51:22 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Only if you think the problem is something other than "we're bigoted and
> want to punish people we don't like."

Oh, and reading that again, I see that we're saying the same thing - my
eyes have been acting up today and I misread "is" for "isn't".

So if I understand correctly, you could be saying that the problem just
is "we're bigoted and want to punish people we don't like" - my solution
works only if the problem isn't that.  If the problem is in fact "we're
bigoted and want to punish people we don't like", then the solution of
creating equality doesn't work, because the bigots don't want equality,
they want to keep the discriminatory practices in place.

Jim