POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jan 2009 19:17:36
Message: <4962a320$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:51:22 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Problem solved.
>
> Only if you think the problem is something other than "we're bigoted and
> want to punish people we don't like."

I fail to see how the problem is anything other than that.  I'm
interested in other perspectives, as always.

I fail to see how anyone else's relationship affects my relationship with
my wife, or how my brother-in-law marrying his long-term partner (which
they did, in fact, last year, in California) cheapens my marriage to my
wife, your marriage to your wife, or the relationship between my parents
or their parents.

Todd and Ron getting married doesn't make me love my wife any less or
think less of the nearly 13 years we've been married.  It's not about
*me*.  It's about *them*.  And if they want to celebrate their long-term
relationship (which is older than that between my wife and I) and enjoy
the same legal status that we have, then that is about them, not about us.

Anything else seems really bigoted to me.

Jim