POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux RPM question : Re: Linux RPM question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux RPM question
From: Warp
Date: 5 Jan 2009 17:24:20
Message: <49628893@news.povray.org>
> rpm2cpio might be useful as well - I use this occasionally to unpack an
> RPM to see what's in it or to extract one file I need for something else.

  At least here 'less' (/usr/bin/less) will show the contents of packages
(such as rpms, tarballs (packed or not), etc.) as a listing of the files
inside. 'less' is very smart in that regard.

  (I know not all implementations of 'less' are that smart, and most of
them will simply show the raw contents of any file, but at least mine is.
It comes at least with OpenSUSE, probably also other distros.)

--
                                                          - Warp