POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A quick straw poll : Re: A quick straw poll Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick straw poll
From: Invisible
Date: 5 Jan 2009 07:48:45
Message: <496201ad@news.povray.org>
>> 5. There is an optional extension to the Haskell programming language
>> called ExistentialQuantification. Can you guess what it does?
>
> I can guess.
> some optimized condition|condition|condition ??

Actually, it's to do with special type signatures. (Basically it allows
you to manipulate something in a way that it's data type isn't "visible"
from the outside, only the inside.) Wasn't that so obvious? :-S

Like I said, *I* would have called it TypeVariableHiding. But everybody
else seems to think that's a stupid name...