POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Snow : Snow Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Snow
From: Invisible
Date: 5 Jan 2009 07:23:09
Message: <4961fbad$1@news.povray.org>
It's been a degree or two below freezing for the last few days. Coldest
it's been for years. (Let's face it, these days summer is hardly any
different from winter - even the trees can't tell the difference any
more!) And this morning, there was snow.

As in, about 3 cm of snow. More of a thin covering than a serious
problem. (No doubt the entire country will grind to a halt regardless.)

Unsurprisingly, along the motorway the road was clear, with only patches
of snow on the surrounding fields. (Actually by then much of it had melted.)

Oddly, when I finally arrived at work, there was no snow anywhere *but*
on the roads. I hypothesize that the road has been sprinkled with
anti-salt, a special chemical which raises the freezing point of water.
(If you've seen the maintenance people round here, you wouldn't be
surprised that they would do this!)