POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7b dysfunctionality - can't render : Re: 3.7b dysfunctionality - can't render Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7b dysfunctionality - can't render
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 3 Jan 2009 12:28:46
Message: <495fa04d@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>> Just a semi-clever way of *absolutely* limiting beta lifetime gone wrong,
>> as it seems. Probably added a while ago already and forgotten about it.
>> Or too much
>
> This is in fact the case: I had completely forgotten that I had a hard
> limit in it. New beta tonight (my time, i.e. the next 8-10 hours) will fix
> this.

If there was no beta extension at all, at least you'd have an excuse to keep
releasing betas. No offense intended, but it almost feels as if beta
extension just allowed you to stop giving releases at all without getting
complaints ("it expired already!"), instead of helping in those rare cases
where a beta got delayed *a day or two*.