POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7b dysfunctionality - can't render : 3.7b dysfunctionality - can't render Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:18 EDT (-0400)
  3.7b dysfunctionality - can't render
From: stbenge
Date: 2 Jan 2009 21:55:12
Message: <495ed390@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Early this morning I decided to open up POV-Ray 3.7.b.28 to make a gear
macro. Everything went fine until I tried to render my code. A window
popped up with this message:

"Failed to set render options (Cannot handle request.).
See message pane for details.
[OK]"

The message pane had this to say:

"Please obtain an updated version of this application.
Failed to start render: Cannot handle request."

So today I did just that; I downloaded and installed POV 3.7.b.29. I'm
getting the same message, and POV refuses to render! The "extend" option
worked just fine for opening up the editor, yet I can't render a scene.
My brother came in and suggested I turn back the clock. I set my clock
to 2008 and was able to render again.

So what's the deal here? Do I have to turn back time, every time I want
to render something? It seems odd that POV would suddenly do this. Maybe
it has has something to do with the new year - Y2K9 if you will.

I think all the work being put into POV is great, don't get me wrong. I
just wish I knew what was going on here :(

Sam