POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Three Vista annoyances so far : Three Vista annoyances so far Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Three Vista annoyances so far
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jan 2009 19:50:00
Message: <495eb638@news.povray.org>
1) I can't figure out, when you're viewing the contents of a directory in
explorer, you can right-click on the directory itself conveniently. This
changed between 98 and 2000, 2000 and xp, and now between xp and vista, and
this time they seem to have done an *excellent* job of hiding it away.

2) If you're copying between computers with RDP, and you are half way thru
copying a big directory outwards, and you select a different directory and
pick edit->copy, it stops copying the directory you were copying. I'm pretty
sure you used to be able to paste two copies at once on XP. In any case,
that's rather annoying.

3) If you open a directory, then right-click on something, it doesn't always
give you the menu for the thing you clicked on. You actually have to hover
long enough for the item to select before right-click will give you the
right menu. I.e., right-click doesn't select what you're clicking on. Duh.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)