POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh2 : Re: mesh2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2
From: Chris B
Date: 1 Jan 2009 11:59:57
Message: <495cf68d$1@news.povray.org>
"Wijnand Nijs" <w.n### [at] alf4alldemonnl> wrote in message
> First the best wishes for 2009.
>
> Is it with mesh2 objects possible to give the out-site en the in-site
> different textures? What can I do with the texture_list?

Yes, you can give the inside and outside of a POV-Ray object different
textures. By default they're the same, but you can use the
'interior_texture'  object modifier to specify a different texture for the
interior surfaces. Your mesh2 will need to have consistently defined
normals.

The texture_list enables you to specify different textures for use in the
mesh2 object. Each texture gets an index that can be used in the
face_indices section to assign a different texture to the different faces in
the mesh2 object, or optionally different textures for each of the vertices
of each face. From the help: "To specify a texture for an individual mesh
triangle, specify a single integer texture index following the face-index
vector for that triangle. To specify three textures for vertex-texture
interpolation, specify three integer texture indices (separated by commas)
following the face-index vector for that triangle."

I don't know how the two things work together if both are specified on the
same mesh2 object (I've never tried that). I would guess that you get a
single interior texture and that it would use the texture_list textures for
the outside.

Regards,
Chris B.