POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Dec 2008 14:56:08
Message: <495bce58$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Makes one wonder what the "lets return to the nations true traditions"
> people really do want...

Segregation, and likely slavery. Heck, in my lifetime it was illegal for a
black person to marry a white person, so that would certianly seem to be
"traditional" behavior here.

I'm in some ways happy that Prop 8 passed, as it eliminates from rational
discussion the argument that "religion isn't abusive, and Islam isn't to
blame for suicide bombers, and it's only a nutty minority of Christians who
kill doctors, and you can't paint religion as if everyone religious wants to
take away your rights and have you conform to their religion." Because, you
know, obviously a majority of the religious people in *this* state certainly
do, so I'd think it becomes incumbent on anyone arguing the above to provide
evidence that Prop8 is somehow a special case.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)