POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Digital fulldome showreel proposal : Re: Digital fulldome showreel proposal Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Digital fulldome showreel proposal
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 31 Dec 2008 10:17:02
Message: <495b8cee$1@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke wrote:

> A proposal to the PovRay community .... how much interest is there in the
> production of a PovRay based fulldome showreel?

You may wish to post this in povray.animations as well.
I suppose most people here never rendered an animation
except maybe one for entering your last competition ;)

Maybe the best way would be to start with a smaller
competition to get people involved and give them first
experience with this medium without actually committing
to produce 1-2 minute high quality content for a
collaborative show.

Also, for those people without home planetarium: How do
you actually go about creating scenes which look good on
a dome when you only see a distorted fisheye view in 2D?