POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoseRay 3.12.0 released : Re: PoseRay 3.12.0 released Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay 3.12.0 released
From: FlyerX
Date: 31 Dec 2008 00:42:41
Message: <495b0651$1@news.povray.org>
Robert McGregor wrote:
> FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> PoseRay 3.12.0 has been released.
>> FlyerX
>
> I've become quite dependent on PoseRay for model conversions over the last
> couple of years, but I haven't tried the lightdome features at all. I was just
> looking at your gallery and see I need to experiment a bit with that...
>
> Anyway, thanks for putting together such a great package FlyerX, your efforts
> are greatly appreciated, PoseRay is awesome!
>
> -Rob

I am glad you find PoseRay useful. I never got radiositiy or Megapov's
hrdi lighting to work for me satisfactorily so I have been using light
domes for a while now. Although it is not as accurate a representation
the lighting effect is very similar in many cases.

I do not have any artistic ability and the pictures on my galley are
just test renders that have come up better than I expected. Hopefully
someone with talent can create some nice images using light domes. I
included two light dome files in the PoseRay distribution.

FlyerX