POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My Lego panorama : Re: My Lego panorama Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Lego panorama
From: SharkD
Date: 28 Dec 2008 21:09:05
Message: <49583141$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
>> I've completed the Lego panorama I was working on. You can find it here:
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/3864/legopanotour.htm
>
> Wow I thought PTviewer (Java applet) was slow... That Flash thing shows it
> can be worse :)

I haven't been able to directly compare them. The Flash viewer is using
6 cube face images per scene of 1024x124px each, whereas the largest
equirectangular image I have that corresponds to the same scene is
1024x512px. The Flash viewer also has a quality setting that you can
lower to increase the speed.

-Mike