POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity: status & SMP idea : Re: Radiosity: status & SMP idea Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: status & SMP idea
From: Warp
Date: 28 Dec 2008 17:17:53
Message: <4957fb11@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> BTW, it's the first time I see Warp defending polygon meshes, rather than his
> preferred perfectly mathematical primitives, parametric and iso surfaces.  And
> he get scorned for it.  Poor unlucky fellow... :P

  Well, it's one thing to appreciate the work put into a scene made of
varied POV-Ray primitives, and another thing to admit the reality of the
computer graphics world: That 99.9% of scenes out there are made of
triangle meshes (or of easily tesselable primitives), and that most
rendering algorithms have been optimized for them.

--
                                                          - Warp