POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity: status & SMP idea : Re: Radiosity: status & SMP idea Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: status & SMP idea
From: andrel
Date: 27 Dec 2008 15:47:28
Message: <495694BF.4030302@hotmail.com>
On 27-Dec-08 21:24, Chambers wrote:
> [...]
It's the wrong example, and you know it.
It is a difficult decision in this version of POV. Currently there are
two important aspects of POV. One is the SDL and the other is the
rendering engine. And they are coupled. If they weren't you could take
the SDL and add another lighting method to derive another JustNotPOV
with restrictions. Probably one can run it as a branch and expect that
one day someone solves how to get the same result for algorithmically
defined objects. Clipka would be fully justified to create that branch,
but he doesn't want to. Branching off is not a decision to take lightly,
and I am glad that he wants to add to the main stem.