POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: somebody
Date: 25 Dec 2008 08:49:29
Message: <49538f69$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:495### [at] hotmailcom...
> On 24-Dec-08 11:08, nemesis wrote:
> > "Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:

> > Whenever I bring my daughter to the doctor when she gets some cold or
ear
> > inflamation it's the same damned thing:  get her some antibiotics.
F*ck, no!
> > I do not intend for her to be an antibiotics zombie or something.

> Come to the Netherlands where such actions are frowned upon if not
> downright forbidden by their peer group. The reasoning behind that is
> that unnecessary antibiotics will increase the number of resistant
> microbes such as MRSA.

That's where the paradox lies, and I am not sure if one resolution is better
than the other. From the point of the individual, it's not his or her
problem that antibiotic use in general populace and in the long term breeds
resistant strains. The personal benefit is real, and outweighs the personal
risk. Limiting the use of antibiotics out of concern for breeding resistant
strains places the society before the individual. Such sacrifices are fine,
but I think they should be voluntary instead of mandated.