POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity: status & SMP idea : Re: Radiosity: status & SMP idea Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: status & SMP idea
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Dec 2008 08:26:08
Message: <49523870$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Of course, last not least there is the problem that 3.6.1c radiosity was bad as
> well. I actually think that what I currently have produces significantly better
> results not only compared to beta.29, but also to 3.6.1c.

It isn't bad or broken at all in 3.6. It is just difficult to use <sigh>

> You mention that it's "just a matter of fixing a few bugs" - if that is so, it
> would be helpful to get some description of them.

Use the included sample scenes, and you will quickly notice the problems: In
particular the darkness problems and similar artifacts. The sample scenes,
which are very simple geometries, do make the issue very clear quickly. I
would recommend trying them as the issue is not easy to track down in
complex scenes with already complex non-radiosity lighting.

	Thorsten