POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A quick straw poll : Re: A quick straw poll Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick straw poll
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 24 Dec 2008 03:56:39
Message: <4951f947@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> OK, so here's a few short questions... I guess asking here is going to
> generate slightly skewed results, but here goes.
>
> 1. Do you consider yourself a "programmer"? (I.e., are you comfortable
> firing up an editor and writing a little code if the need arises?)

No and yes. If something is needed and not easily found but easily done,
I'll do it myself. But while I don't code regularly nor do it as my job,
most of my code looks hidious and I wouldn't call myself a programmer.

> 2. Have you ever heard of a "coroutine"?

Doesn't come to mind.

> 3. Do you know what a coroutine actually *is*? (Rather than just having
> heard the term before.)

I assume it's a routine to assist another routine.

> 4. Do you know what "existential quantification" means?

No.

> 5. There is an optional extension to the Haskell programming language
> called ExistentialQuantification. Can you guess what it does?

No. I know you've told it, 'cause Darren told that, but I'm too lazy to
look up for it.

-Aero