POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: stbenge
Date: 23 Dec 2008 13:27:22
Message: <49512d8a@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Shay wrote:
>> 1. The universe is made of particles which behave in predictable ways.
>
> Errr, no. The particles behave in ways that are only statistically
> predictable.

Particles are individually unpredictable (to us) because we still do not
have a complete understanding of physics. Very tiny particles may appear
to do random things, but until we have determined the what the smallest
particle is -- the true quanta -- we can't say for certain that truly
random events actually happen. They look random to us because of our
incomplete understanding.

Sam