POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Engine heat : Re: Engine heat Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Engine heat
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Dec 2008 08:32:01
Message: <4950e851@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4950dc7b2d61d8ce4a212ac50@news.povray.org...
> I've created an aircraft engine and would like to create an area behind it
> that
> is distorted due to the heat from the exhaust. What's a good way of
> achieving
> this?

waves/ripples patterned density map applied to scattering media? .... almost
completely transparent. between the camera and object to distort the view. I
also just recalled that you may be able to apply a distortion to the camera,
not 100% sure! The former idea seems like it would be a localized effect,
while the later would have a gloabal effect. Hope that gets some ideas
flowing .....

Jim