POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: scott
Date: 23 Dec 2008 02:39:01
Message: <49509595$1@news.povray.org>
>> Why does the first case rule out the possibility of God having created
>> the universe?
>
> It doesn't.

I don't understand what you mean by this then:

"The existence of "free will" negates the argument that God must have
created
the universe as a "first cause"."

Why can't there be free will and a God that created the universe?  Why can't
God have created free will at the same time as the Universe?

> It just makes God responsible for all the sins and evil in the world.

Maybe he can't change what he had created?  Also, "all the sins and evil in
the world" is just referring to the actions of a minority of a population of
one particular species of animal on one particular planet in the whole
universe.  I'm sure he has more to worry about than us lot blowing each
other up occasionally and arguing about DRM :-)  Or, for all we know, maybe
every other planet with living populations is performing vastly better than
our Earth, so overall God deems this universe a great success?