POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strangely misguided : Re: Strangely misguided Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strangely misguided
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Dec 2008 05:28:05
Message: <494f6bb5$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Apparently our company is experiencing a "spending freeze". In other
> words, no non-essential expenditure.
>
> Fair enough.

Apparently we're also experiencing a "hiring freeze".

So why is it that roughly twice a month I get a notification of
*another* new person joining the company? :-.

Basically the tennis went like this:

IT: Hey people, you need to notify us before new people start if you're
expecting them to get a new PC. Either that or finance needs to let us
keep a stock of spares around. Finance, what do you guys say?

Finance: We're currently on a hiring freeze, so it's a non-issue.

[I find myself wanting to interject that in the last few weeks we've
hired not one but *four* new people - which is a huge influx for such a
small site.]