POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables' : Re: Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables' Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables'
From: Fa3ien
Date: 21 Dec 2008 07:28:57
Message: <494e3689$1@news.povray.org>
Fa3ien a écrit :

> However, I'm not sure WHO is legally entitled to the moral rights
> control after the patrimonial ones are extinct. I would think that
> the Hugo family is no more qualified than you and I to do so.
> I don't see on which legal basis any judge would rule in their favor.

(after some more reading...)

Well, I was wrong, moral right is perpetually inherited !!!

see here :

http://merlin.obs.coe.int/iris/2007/3/article19.fr.html

"Le droit moral est “perpétuel, inaliénable et imprescriptible. Il est
transmis à cause de mort aux héritiers de l’auteur"

Which is absurd, ridiculous, and unmanageable after 2 or 3 generations !
(how many of Hugo's heirs are there now ?)

The court had enough wisdom, but the law allows for many disasters to
come...

Fabien.