POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating POV-RAY code from inline data : Re: generating POV-RAY code from inline data Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generating POV-RAY code from inline data
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Dec 2008 20:08:18
Message: <494c4582$1@news.povray.org>
Rick Berger wrote:
> Thanks Darren, unfortunately it's implemented in C# and I haven't explore
> deploying C# applications in an UNIX/Linux environment. I think I'd be in
> for more work than I want in trying to port LOME over,

Well, I don't know how much work you're talking about. I just copied the
MacroExpanderExec directory over to my Linux partition, opened a terminal in
the Debug subdirectory, and typed
   % mono FCCS.CLI.exe hello
and it processed the (nonexistent) files correctly.

So chances are good you don't even have to recompile it. (This is on
OpenSuSE 11 x64, so I'd expect it would work for you too.)

You might have to grope into the macros, because they generate .bat files
for doing the renders as part of the expansion, since the Windows "job
queue" thing couldn't handle it, due to being too small. But other than
that, if you want to manually render the generated .INI files, go for it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)