POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables' : Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables' Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables'
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 19 Dec 2008 17:53:39
Message: <494c25f3$1@news.povray.org>
Some surprising debate going on in France about this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/3852586/Victor-Hugos-family-loses-battle-to-ban-sequels.html

Frankly I'm amazed that people find something there to debate. The
sequels do not harm the original work in the slightest way, and the
original work is in the public domain anyway.

And yet the case seems to be hard to decide, with Hugo's family actually
winning one trial. I'm at a loss :-\

Any similar debate in other countries? Just to undermine my faith in
humanity a little bit more ;-)

--
Vincent