POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : SIGINT : Re: SIGINT Server Time
17 May 2024 02:55:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SIGINT
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 19 Dec 2008 05:35:52
Message: <494b7908$1@news.povray.org>
> Now I would assume that the "nohup" command basically "decouples" the render
> processes from the terminal.

	'nohup' should only protect the command to which it applies from SIGHUP
signals, and nothing else.  Hence SIGINT and others will remain in effect.

	I don't know what may have happened exactly, but I'd suggest that
(i) you simplify your run script; e.g. I don't get why you sleep for many seconds
before you start the next megapov job in bg, assuming all jobs are independent.
(ii) use nohup for each megapov run, or, much better, redirect stderr for all of
them; redirecting stdout as well should be useless provided you use +oFILE.

	- NC