POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : As fast as C : Re: As fast as C Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: As fast as C
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 18 Dec 2008 15:21:22
Message: <494ab0c2@news.povray.org>
My personal opinion:
As you know I don't know much of programming but for I've seen C (ANSI
C, C++, C# and al the variants) is the King Language, if it keeps
evolving in its abstractions/implementations to cover more needs it will
be there for ever or at least until a better language come along, if so,
I'm sure will have to be based on C at least conceptually.

C I believe is a reference for the other languages, like the Grandfather
of programming languages.

FWIW I believe C should have a kind of optimizer/distiller that gives
the assembler-level optimized (speed and/or size) .exe image, for every
hardware platform, so the programmer doesn't have to worry about
low-level tricks and concentrate more in the program abstract idea and
its implementation. I think the compiler gives optimizations only by
changing the order of the statements because it's partially optimized
according to certain statement criteria it recognizes but not fully
optimized for the assembly language level.

Cheers.