POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WALL-E : Re: WALL-E Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WALL-E
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 18 Dec 2008 14:02:10
Message: <494a9e32$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:39:24 -0800, Darren New wrote:
>
>> Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>>> 	Overall story was good, but not great.
>> Is it even possible to make a children's movie that isn't going to seem
>> fairly trite to an adult?
>
> I've seen a few that worked well that way - though at the moment I'm
> having a bit of a memory access issue and can't come up with the name of
> one.

The Muppets (including the movies) still have a pretty reasonable adult
following -- partially because of the double-entendre aspect that you
mention.  Other than Pixar films, I think a lot of Miyazaki's stuff also
holds up very well to an adult viewing.

> But basically it's kinda like something like Animaniacs

I miss the Animaniacs, and the zany other shows they inspired too (like
Freakazoid).  Out of curiosity, are there any good kids shows on these
days?  In the few times I've tuned in recently I've only seen Yu-Gi-Oh
and some other highly non-interesting shows.