POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really strange design choices : Re: Trixy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trixy
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Dec 2008 09:27:59
Message: <494a5def$1@news.povray.org>
>> Also... Yes, I am very, very glad I'm not writing a parser for regular
>> expressions. (My God, think of the massacre...!)
>
> I meant using regular expressions to help in your parser to decipher
> numbers.

I fail to see how a pattern matching language is of help here...

(I already *have* a real parser construction toolkit. The *problem* is
that the rules I'm trying to puzzle out are quite complex - and not
fantastically well-documented.)

Still, sooner or later I'll reach this stage:

http://xkcd.com/349/