POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think this is kinda the Haskell Story : Re: I think this is kinda the Haskell Story Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think this is kinda the Haskell Story
From: andrel
Date: 20 Dec 2008 06:59:44
Message: <494CDE8D.2090003@hotmail.com>
On 20-Dec-08 5:42, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> - apparently the judges have never heard a trained voice before.
>
> Simon did noticed the missing high pitch on the final high pitch of Paul
> Pots, Simon downed his eyes to the table. Paul Pots did however almost
> perfect on that final high pitch, he just didn't took breath soon
> enough, but yeah If he was better trained would be a Pavarotti level Tenor.

I think he carefully avoided a couple of other difficult points also.
OTOH it could be that some of the differences with other performances of
this song are because the others added a few things. I am not skilled
enough myself to read the original score.

> The raw search they do is like a reality, is from the people to the
> people and I think is good, although not always pleasant, to listen
> street people because as a few in BGT did have talent and was good for
> them that they were discovered not having other way to ever "reach the
> stars".

Such reality shows may have value for some. That, however, was not my
point. The point was that whenever there is a contest of this sort or
one where they follow the creation of a band or something like that,
they always try to avoid starting with skilled or talented people. The
winners tend to be the ones where this failed and accidentally someone
with talent entered the competition. Good for them, good drama all the
way, but IMHO not the best way to find talent.