POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think this is kinda the Haskell Story : Re: I think this is kinda the Haskell Story Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think this is kinda the Haskell Story
From: andrel
Date: 19 Dec 2008 15:18:08
Message: <494C01DC.2040704@hotmail.com>
On 19-Dec-08 20:31, Stephen wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:38:47 EST, "clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
>> How fitting... so in the end, users of C, Java and C++ will recognize Haskell's
>> extraordinary talent for singing operas...
>
> I wouldn't say that Paul Pots (unfortunate name) had an extraordinary talent for
> singing opera. Good for someone untrained, though.
He is good, compared to some other great singers he is missing a few
notes, but that could be improved with more training, I guess.
Two remarks on this kind of shows:
- apparently the judges have never heard a trained voice before.
Interesting, but not really surprising.
- If you want to find real talent you have a better chance if you take a
look in a conservatory (or whatever a university level music school is
called) than on the streets. Still in every country there are
auditioning TV programs where every fool can get in and the main theme
is the drama not the talent. I do understand this from a broadcasting
point of view, but that doesn't mean that I like it.