POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : invisible mesh from poser : Re: invisible mesh from poser Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: invisible mesh from poser
From: FlyerX
Date: 17 Dec 2008 15:44:15
Message: <4949649f$1@news.povray.org>
RAM wrote:
> FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> Robert,
>>
>> Why don't you try to export to POV-Ray directly from within PoseRay? I
>> was able to duplicate your problem with Moray and it will be fixed in
>> the next release of PoseRay (hopefully this week). I suppose most people
>> do not use Moray since it is not well behaved with POV-Ray 3.6 and the
>> POV-Ray team is working on a newer version.
>>
>> Exporting to POV-Ray directly is much simpler. See the tutorial in the
>> manual. The materials should not have any conflicts once the scene is
>> imported into PoseRay.
>>
>> Let me know if you still have problems and I will look into it.
>>
>> later,
>>

>> FlyerX
>
> You mean I found a... a... a BUG???  It has been since 1995 since I last found a
> bug in Povray or Moray. I am thrilled!  ;)
>
> Seriously, I don't export directly to Povray because the Poser data is only part
> of my scene. Each of these programs is good at some things but not so good at
> others. Poser is great for making and posing human figures, but its rendering
> engine is nowhere near as sophisticated as Povray. It is also not as good at
> building from primitives, something Moray excels at. So my plan is to build my
> scene in Moray, import the figure from Poser using Poseray, and then render it
> in Povray.
>
> I will take a look at Bishop3D. Thanks for all the tips and advice folks.
>
> Robert Mickelsen
> www.robertmickelsen.com

I though you were using Moray just to export to POV-Ray. I do realize
that PoseRay's interface is cluttered so some people do not realize that
they could export directly to POV-Ray.

I just do not use Moray that much and it keeps crashing with POV 3.6 so
I use Blender or Poser itself if I want to use multiple models and
create a complicated scene.

FlyerX