POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A vacuous comparison : Re: A vacuous comparison Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A vacuous comparison
From: scott
Date: 17 Dec 2008 02:59:57
Message: <4948b17d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Haha I could do the same with the competitors of the company I work for,
>
> Remind me... Who the hell do you work for?

A Japanese company that makes LCDs and TVs and stuff.

They don't seem to have the hang of European style marketing yet, and think
that a website design for a Japanese audience will also work well in Europe.
Actually I think it's more that the IT systems worldwide are so fragmented
that each country basically does what it thinks best with their very small
team of people, and you end up with a load of separate websites that all
look completely different and nobody sees the need for the .com domain.
Occasionally someone from Japan sees one of these other websites and makes
some demands about what should be changed, and you end up with hideous
looking stuff.

Given that sales last year in Europe alone were several billion pounds, I
think they should spend some money on getting their online presence
together, but then that's just me and nobody who makes that sort of decision
even knows I exist!