POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hell and Paradise in Europe : Re: Hell and Paradise in Europe Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hell and Paradise in Europe
From: scott
Date: 17 Dec 2008 02:47:05
Message: <4948ae79$1@news.povray.org>
> hell is British cuisine,

Mmmm what you don't like a nice greasy bit of fish and chips wrapped up in
newspaper with a load of salt and vinegar?

> German bureaucracy

Hehe just last weekend I was at a Christmas market here, a small wooden hut
selling Gluehwein (mulled wine), I had to take back my mug to get the 1 euro
deposit back so walked up to give it back to the guy.  He tells me no, I
have to go round the side of the hut to the counter for returns.  So I walk
round there (having to navigate my way around tables and other people) and
he then takes my mug off me through the counter and gives me the 1 euro
back.

> Italian police,

Oh I hear Italian police were pretty cool (certainly in the past), like not
caring if you are breaking the speed limit, and even sometimes actively
encouraging people to go faster.

> while paradise is French cuisine,

Huh?  Give me Italian or Indian cuisine please :-)

> and an Italian lover

Never had one, but I can imagine...