POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WALL-E : Re: WALL-E Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WALL-E
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Dec 2008 20:49:50
Message: <49485abe$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:39:24 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>> 	Overall story was good, but not great.
>
> Is it even possible to make a children's movie that isn't going to seem
> fairly trite to an adult?

I've seen a few that worked well that way - though at the moment I'm
having a bit of a memory access issue and can't come up with the name of
one.

But basically it's kinda like something like Animaniacs - the humour has
a tinge of double-entendre to it - the jokes have dual meanings (not all
of the dual meanings are of an "adult" nature, but require a greater
understanding/experience of the world than a kid is likely to have).
We've been watching a bit of the first series of Animaniacs, and have
found this to be the case.  Our son, who just turned 21, has commented on
this because he watched it as a kid, and he's pulling entirely different
levels of humour out of it now as an adult.

Jim