POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : invisible mesh from poser : Re: invisible mesh from poser Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: invisible mesh from poser
From: stbenge
Date: 16 Dec 2008 18:06:10
Message: <49483462$1@news.povray.org>
RAM wrote:
> I have looked into the Povray output code from Moray to try to figure this out
> and have noticed that the include file fails to #declare the object itself. All
> the body parts are #declared individually but nowhere can I find the total mesh
> object. Of course this would explain why the figure fails to render, but it
> does not explain why it appears in the Moray modeling window but yet fails to
> render.

I don't know about Moray, but I think the problem you are experiencing
is indeed caused by objects which are #declared but not placed into the
scene. Try placing the individual body parts into your scene:

union{
  object{ body }
  object{ hair }
  object{ .... }
}

Many mesh modelers will show you all mesh objects contained within a
particular file, which is why the mesh showed up in Moray but not in the
render. When a render job is sent to POV-Ray, it is probably converted
to POV SDL, and somehow you object's body parts were declared but not
placed into the scene. Perhaps there is a little radio button somewhere
that is causing the object to be left out for the final render?

Sam