POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All good fun : Re: All good fun Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All good fun
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Dec 2008 15:48:40
Message: <49481428$1@news.povray.org>
>> 1. If the entire system was written in some "safe" language, would we
>> still have 45 buffer overflow flaws per week reported?
>
> No. Pretty much by definition.  You might still have holes, but they'd
> be different holes.
>
>> 2. How much slower would the whole contraption be?
>
> It would be about 30% faster.

Right. So you're telling me that if you wrote an OS and all the
associated large-scale applications in a "safe" language, it would be
more secure, and run faster (and obviously take drastically less time to
develop).

And people still write all OS and application software in C because...??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/