POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All good fun : Re: All good fun Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All good fun
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Dec 2008 15:00:19
Message: <494808d3$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> """
> "I cannot recommend people switch due to this one flaw," said John
> Curran, head of Microsoft UK's Windows group.
> """
> No, of course you can't.

Shocker.

> Looks like another image processing buffer overflow.

At times like this, I find myself wondering. About two things.

1. If the entire system was written in some "safe" language, would we
still have 45 buffer overflow flaws per week reported?

2. How much slower would the whole contraption be? (I'm guessing it
would make Vista look *fast*...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/