POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WALL-E : Re: WALL-E Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WALL-E
From: Tom Austin
Date: 16 Dec 2008 14:34:42
Message: <494802d2@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> scott wrote:
>> I don't know what it was about the film that didn't do it for me,
>
> Did you watch the ones you *did* like on a movie screen, with an
> audience around you?  It can make a tremendous difference, depending on
> the movie.

I think that it depends on the movie.

I've been to some movies where the audience atmosphere helped to make
the movie really fun.  And when watching the same movie with a different
audience it fell flat because it was so quiet in the theater.

I do have to agree that at least in most cases having a quiet theater is
best.

In all cases it is best when the audience is 'with' the movie.
Whatever noises they make is in 'emotion' with the movie.
No crumpling paper noises, no talking.