POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WALL-E : Re: WALL-E Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WALL-E
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Dec 2008 13:12:08
Message: <4947ef78$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Haha, I prefer to see films in the big screens, but I also prefer it if
> the rest of the audience are dead quiet, or, if I can possibly manage
> it, absent. I usually find other people far distracting from the film.

I went to see a vampire movie in the middle of the afternoon on a thursday
once. It was the least memorable movie I ever saw, because there were 3
others in the audience.

On the other hand, I saw "The Grudge" and there were dozens of teens down
near the front who'd obviously seen it several times already and were
raising hell, and it was still rather disturbing. :-)

And of course, Rocky Horror Picture Show wouldn't be the same without the
audience.

But I find commedies greatly enhanced by having an audience, which is why
people put in fake soundtracks on the ones you watch by yourself at home.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)