POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not quite rule 34 : Re: Not quite rule 34 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not quite rule 34
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Dec 2008 12:55:05
Message: <4947eb79@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Hypothesis: If you can think of it, it's on Wikipedia.

I was pretty impressed to discover that every trolley stop in San Diego has
its own page on Wikipedia.

The first time I read about the Greentree database[1] I thought it was far
over the top compared to any other science fiction concept there. Now I'm
not so sure.

[1] For those who haven't encountered it, "Greentree" is the traditional
name of the cyberpunk database that holds all accumulated knowledge in a way
that is easy to access with neural connections. I think Vinge first called
it Greentree (as in the name of the company that published it) and many
other writers picked up the name from there.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)