POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WALL-E : Re: WALL-E Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WALL-E
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Dec 2008 10:30:42
Message: <4947c9a2$1@news.povray.org>
scott escreveu:
>> They are worker droids and have no speech!
>
> Yeh and neither do cars or rats or ants :-)

But the point is that they behave like simple worker droids in the film,
rather than antropomorphic american-way-of-life robots of "Robots", the
old movie from the same creators of Ice Age...

> It's just not the same as previous Pixar films, I kept waiting for them
> to suddenly realise that each other could speak and then the film would
> take off, and waiting ... and waiting....

Yes, that's the beauty of it.  Previous Pixar movies were always like:
american toys way of life, american (well, australian actually) fish way
of life, american monsters way of life, american super-heroes way of
life and american cars way of life.  They changed a bit from this old
passional subject of John Lasseter (that perfectly fit Disney's agenda)
beginning with Ratattoille and now, Wall-E.

It's a welcome change of pace and I particularly enjoyed that the robots
were portrayed semi-realistic.  I also liked how much Wall-E's sad,
battered cameras looked a lot like Woody Allen's sad expression...