POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Dec 2008 12:39:17
Message: <49469645@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Of course, there's nothing to keep CALIFORNIA from passing a law like
> that :)

California did that a long time ago. Indeed, they bought so many
low-pollution cars that Japan just gave up on making a different set for
California, so it kind of seeped out into the rest of the country anyway.

But California isn't allowed to set up customs between states, nor bar
residents of other states from entering, and I suspect saying "you're
allowed in but your car is banned" would count as a customs.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)