POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lightcuts : Re: Lightcuts Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightcuts
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Dec 2008 12:17:18
Message: <4946911e$1@news.povray.org>
clipka escreveu:
> "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7061/lightcutstest4radioxv4.jpg
>
> Yuck - this radiosity implementation sucks... I'd rather have POV's artifacts
> than these :)

It's vertex painting.  In order to have good radiosity, you should
subdivide all your meshes as much as you can to get good results.  Plus,
I've done the imbecile approach of having a plane for the floor that
stretches outside!  So, some of the outside vertex close to the walls
get painted white and it shows inside. :P

OTOH, after the radiosity calculations, the scene is rendered incredibly
fast, much more than pov's.  I'm still to get to grips with the right
settings, though... or perhaps not:  this lightcuts implementation
permits this kind of baking as well. :)